UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

If i was born in the UK in 1993 to unsettled parents and do

Hi there.. If i was born in the UK in 1993 to unsettled parents and do not hold any passport, but wish to apply for the EU settlement scheme, would I be eligible? And if so, would I be able to use a provisional license and British Birth Certificate as my ID to support my application?
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: None yet. Previous passport application was rejected on the basis parents were not settled at the time of my birth. I live in England. I am unsure of my citizenship but have lived in the UK my entire life and never travelled.
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: im on a very low income which is why i believe my only route to gaining any sort of passport is through the EU settlement scheme

What was your parents nationality and were they married when you were born?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ghanaian. And they were married traditionally but do not hold eachothers last name. They have been together for over 25 and have had 4 kids in the uk, which i am third born. My father now holds indefinite leave to remain (he also now suffers dementia and my mother acts as his full time career), though he is not named on my British birth certificate.

Good news.

You are entitled to register as a British Citizen as you were born in the UK and have lived here for the first 10 years of your life and still continue to do so to-date.

The Home Office has no discretion, they must register you as a British Citizen.

Please apply on Form (T): https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/register-as-a-british-citizen-form-t

All the best. Please leave a positive rating if this is helpful.