UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I should have been delivered a registered letter from Poland

I should have been delivered a registered letter from Poland and signed it, but someone else, I do not know who took it and signed it
JA: Have they talked to a lawyer about this? What country do they live in? If different, what country does this legal question relate to?
Customer: letter was sent from Poland to England
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: my mother have written complaint in poland but they did what they could and said that it is british post officer mistake
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, thank you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
for 7 days I am ok later on it will be too much money for that case
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Do you think you can manage it up to 6 more days?

Sorry to hear this.

What would you like to know about this please?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Where to complain to get it resolved? I complained at post office website and called them but they said it’s not their fault but it is/post man mistake because he let I don’t know who to sign it so it was delivered to I don’t know who but not me

Unfortunately, other than lodging a complaint, there is not much legally you can do as there is no evidence that Royal Mail was negligent and under what circumstances someone else signed for your letter.

You may complain to the police about it if you wish to as interference with mail is an offence under the Postal Services Act 2000. It could also amount to theft under the Theft Act.

All the best, ***** ***** a positive rating if this is helpful.

UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: English solicitor with over 12 years experience