How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask iram a Your Own Question
iram a
iram a, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1825
Experience:  Principal at IA Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
iram a is online now

I've been having an ongoing issue with my local social

This answer was rated:

I've been having an ongoing issue with my local social security office regarding universal credits. I in my opinion would say a part of my treatment from this department would be harassment. I wanted to know who is the best advisory body that I should contact should I want to take this matter to court?
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Northern Ireland
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No


I can help with your question.

you can write for mandatory reconsideration of this decision to DWP. If you will not be happy with the outcome of this reconsideration then you can appeal their decision of reconsideration to DWP tribunal and court proceeding will be started.

i hope it will help you.

please you give 5 star to encourage me to help people

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thankyou Iram, who exactly is DWP?

DWP is the department who deals with universal credit.

iram a and 6 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok this should help, thankyou.