UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

It said on your web site header -free legal advice, is this

It said on your web site header -free legal advice, is this correct?
Assistant: JustAnswer requires a modest payment. You'll see the amount on the next page. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: I have an appointement for mediation, with a bank, gdpr data breach, failure to rectify personal data after 3 attempts,distress caused, failure to communicate has been admitted by the bank, I am asking circa £1800 compensation, bank has offered £300 compensation, because bank failed to communicate, we couldn't reach an amicable solution, my query is how much would be an aimcable figure? - what is the cost for advice please?
Assistant: The Expert's answer will cost £10 to £100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: OK...what do I do, to get quote?
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: Spoke to a solicitor, who said I need to get advice from solicitor who specialises in data privacy - this is for UK..
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Issued online action against bank, because ignoring requests to communicate....online court suggested mediation, which we've both agreed to...
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes..briefy for context....went into bank branch twice between April 2018 - July 2018, to explain credit file incorrect and showing me has not paying statement, staff said they would update on both occassions, explained, important,as at the time I worked in finance, also i was applying for 2 remortgages...brokers were asking why I hadn't paid my bank bills, otherwise credit history is perfect....this was causing distress, as I knew balance was being paid and on time....after no action taken by branch, made complaint online.....two months later, pathetic apology and £300 offered.

There is no fixed or set amount, it depends on a case by case basis. However, you may always try and negotiate for a higher offer than the £300 e.g. if you meet halfway, you may agree to settle on £1050 or so. Us lawyers have a saying, a bad settlement is better than no settlement.

It is always better to try and settle out of court as you may end up losing in court and incurring additional fees.

All the best. Please leave a positive rating if this is helpful.