F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

My daughter and her nearly 3 year old daughter were

My daughter and her nearly 3 year old daughter were abandoned by her ex 2yrs ago. He has not paid a penny and has fraudulently taken loans falsifying my daughter's name. She works full time and has now got her qualifications to be a maths teacher. His parents have been bullies. They are now texting her friends bad mouthing her and she is really upset. She is looking to get a divorce and claim csa. 1. Can she divorce him without high legal fees as he abandoned her nearly two years ago. 2. Can she stop the grandparents seeing her daughter. She didn't want to do this but she can't cope with their attitude.
Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: No this is the first stage. She has only just opened up to me. Iwent through a messy divorce with her father and don't want the same for her.
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does he live in?
Customer: She lives in tottenham. His parents three him out but they live in muswell hill.
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just the two basic questions can she get a quick divorce and what rights do the grandparents have.

Good morning. I will assist with your question - be aware this is an email not chat service therefore may be delayed in replying.

how long were they together and married in total?

how does she know hes fraudently applied for loans?

how much in total?

does he work?

is there a mortgaged home? if so in who's name(s) mortgage?

does she know where he is (for papers)?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
4yrs. Complicated situation. He was taking money out of her bank account before they were married. She thought she was being hacked. He asked her grandfather for money using her email. He signed loans under her name without her permission. She has not told me the complete amount. He works sporadically.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No mortgage just debts. She still lets him see their daughter so is in contact.

thank you - I am currently with client but will call asap if this is ok?