Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

If I have already been paid compensation for my stolen

If I have already been paid compensation for my stolen goods, but can I claim my stolen goods back even though it’s 2 years later
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: United kingdom
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: It went to court and I was awarded compensation that was paid by the person who stole them
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It was stolen by my ex partner

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Just to be clear, you have now been paid for the stolen goods?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I believe my ex partner still has the property in his house can I claim it back and yes I have been paid

No, you can't.

You have been paid so can't have them back.

The person that took them is entitled to them.

But you are not.

The person can claim them back from your ex. But you can't. Its nothing to do with you.

If not I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer, the button should be at the top of the screen. If you need more help, you can ask follow up questions for free and I would be delighted to assist. Thanks!