UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Some time ago I asked a solicitors partnership to make some

Hi , some time ago I asked a solicitors partnership to make some work for me. This was a business partnership deal. They gave the case to the lawyer who was not competent at this matter. Then they passed the case to another one of this kind. No progress. It took nice couple of months. Finally the 3rd solicitor in row was more useful. Finally it took too long , circumstances changed and deal was never done. Now they ask me to pay full fee( 5 000£) for their help. I know that I need to pay the something but not that much. Can you advise, please. Regards, kris
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: This is local issue. Midlands, UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: They sent me a letter asking to pay. Also some forms. If I don`t answer on time they can take me to the court.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello Kris,

Sorry to hear this.

I would suggest that you lodge a formal complaint about the way your matter was handled and offer to pay what you think is reasonable.

The firm should have a complaints policy which you may ask for.

If they do not resolve the fees to your satisfaction, you may complain further to the Legal Ombudsman https://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/

All the best. Please leave a positive rating.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Quick, good answer.

Welcome.