UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Does an branded major internet supplier of insurances

Does an branded major internet supplier of insurances services have the same duty of care as 'bricks and mortar companies to warn customers on all their websites of any 'clone' scams ie people pretending to be that internet supplier of insurances services. I have been caught by a scammer and the branded company were fully aware
JA: Where are they? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: United kingdom
JA: What steps have they taken so far?
Customer: they put a warning on one site but not on any of the other sites
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the branded insurance company also does investments .The 'scam' person who phoned me sold me IPO 's and i lost money

Unfortunately, there is no such legal requirement and it is up to the individual company to decide whether or not to put up such warnings.

You may see if this company is willing to assist you as a gesture of goodwill.

Sorry, but I have a duty to be truthful. Please leave a positive rating if this is helpful.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I fully understand your answer . Can I ask why the law is different for bricks and mortar compared to internet? Is this something under review . My comparison would be fashion big store knowing the water boards were digging under the floor so it’s dangerous and not warning people or putting a sign up only in one of 6 entrances

Bricks & Mortar stores also experience their own challenges e.g. someone can be pick pocketed inside their store but they do not have to put up a warning "Beware of pick pockets".

Unless you can show that the business was negligent and owed you a duty of care, I am afraid it would be futile to pursue a claim in the courts due to the implications of losing (huge legal fees).

I hope this helps

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you ever so much for your prompt reply

Welcome. Please do click on 5 stars