12826847

Yesterday i had to call the police regarding a neighbour

Hi, yesterday i had to call the police regarding a neighbour filming me on my private property and threatening me. I’ve been feeling very intimdated by them and no longer want to leave my house. They have also spread lies and colluding with another neighbour. Is there anything that can be done such as a letter?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Police support officers have warned them not to film me, communicate with me, look at me or approach me.
JA: Where is the house located?
Customer: We live on a private development near leighton buzzard
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The issues started following making an objection to the neighbours polytunnel planning application.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

How can I help with this please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I’m happy without the phone callfor now
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is there anything i can do to warn the neighbours off continuing with their threats and making my life hell.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can a solicitors letter be sent to them?

What are they specifically doing?

What happens when you ignore them?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She gets her phone camera out, and starts filming me and comes up to the boundary of my property to make nasty comments. Theyve also put blockades in the road to be a nuisance for months on end. They stand staring at me in my front garden. She also claimed to the police that i threatened to run over her dog. The other neighbour has also sent out nasty emails to our neighbourhood email group, although not directly naming my husband or myself, alluded to us being horrible neighbours! We have always kept ourselves to ourselves. It has all started since we put in an objection to their polytunnel planning application.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We live on a private gated community so she has no right to be filming me. Following her contfrontation she immediately walks to other neighbours. I can only assume she is telling them a false version of the truth. Now i dont want to live here anymore. I cant enjoy my lovely house with its lovely big front garden. I feel trapped.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The police warned the neighbour who confronted me to stay away and not interact with me etc. But the other nasty neighbour stood laughing yesterday.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If they are ignored they stand staring at me. I have always ignored them as i was advised by a police officer friend. The incident yesterday was the first time any words had ever been exchanged between us.

Thanks for the information

The problem with this is that this is generically childish behaviour but it doesn't really amount to anything that needs to be drawn to the attention of the police.

You could get a solicitor to write to her although it is difficult to identify the specific complaint. Staring alone is not really a matter for litigation and putting out blockades and the like is hard to prove.

You could get a solicitor to write to her if you are intent but it would cost. I would just ignore her.

Apart from anything else, you wind up these people more if you ignore them. The whole purpose of their actions is to get a reaction.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks, I’m just worried about them spreading false rumours about us making threats and colluding with their neighbour to somehow lie to try and get us into trouble.

Ok but what is she likely to say?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She has lied about other residents saying they have shouted at her and threatened her etc. All absolute nonsense. I’m also worried they will try and say my dog attacked them.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She hates my dog...she has told other people that. I dont want it to get to the point where they collude in a lie and my dog is put to sleep.

Has she said anything like that about you yet?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not that i know of, but I’m not privvy to her conversations with other neighbours. I’m half expecting a nasty group email to go round soon.

If she does do that then you would have a very good case against her.

But you can't do anything until she does.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, thank you very much, i will wait and see what happens.