UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

One external consultant that had access to my company email

Hello, one external consultant that had access to my company email address, went to an online webiste and generated an order form in order to buy some annual services from that provider (online website). He used my company name, my name because he had access to my email account. The provider sent him a document using DocuSign and he signed it using my email that he had access to - no further verification was required, no ID check, nothing. Now the provider is asking my company to pay for the services, even i have called afterwards and ask for cancellation because i do not need and never used their services. Is this legally binded in the UK law? can they win in court?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am based in Romania, and my company is based in Romania - but the order form/contract it says will be governed by UK law
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: that is the current situation, like i already presented it - no further steps - i have been contacted my the provider, because there is an invoice we didnt paid, and we dont want to pay, because we havent used their services
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: and they are sending us pre-litigation actions

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Sorry, I responded to your query in error. I will opt out so that another expert can assist you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok thx

You are not legally bound to the agreement as it was fraudulently entered into.

The person who used your name and details without your permission has committed fraud and should be reported to the police in the UK.

I would advise you to appoint a local UK solicitor firm to defend you in this action and to report the person for fraud.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hello?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i am not living in UK
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the company is not registered in UK

see above for me answer, you do not need to call.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
my problem now is with the service provider who is requesting me to pay the invoice, because my name was used
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
because i have signed it, as they say
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
they have used docusign
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
my email was used in the signing
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i have attached the order form
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
also, address of the company is wrong
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
if i go to docusign website, they say that every esignature is legally binded
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
on uk law

Not if your docusign was fraudulently done as in your case.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
but how can i prove that?

You would make a witness statement or a statutory declaration that you did not do it.

UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i am based in romania, my company is based in romania - the service contract (docusign order form) is governed by UK law