chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Can a limited company that has been resolved take me to the

Can a limited company that has been resolved take me to the small claims court for an invoice my company owed them?
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Surrey, uk
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: They are personally trying to claim money from me even though their company is dissolved
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope

If a company has been dissolved, unless the company is reinstated, it cannot issue aim as the entity would no longer exist.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** my understanding, he has told me the following. Could you confirm if this is correct as I dont believe it to be? We would also point out that the Director and Shareholders assumed responsibility for the Trial Balance of Creditors and Debtors as at the time of dissolution, which means that the money is legally and legitimately owed to me, and in turn I owe the outstanding HMRC amount. Furthermore I have confirmed directly with the Small Claims Court that we are able to proceed with the claim, despite the dissolution of the business.

I do not believe that to be correct. Based on the fact that the company is dissolved, you could ask the court to strike out the claim.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Perfect, thanks

It's a pleasure. Kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.