How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35989
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

I would require a family solicitor Assistant: Where are you?

This answer was rated:

Hi I would require a family solicitor
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: My partner has 3 children he doesn’t see as she (their mother) dictates when or if he can see them
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: She was him to maintain contact with her in order to see the children
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He pays child support but financially cannot afford legal fees to fight to see them so goes long periods without seeing them
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I’m in London uk

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. The simple fact is that as both parents share parental responsibility then they both have equal rights, irrespective of whom the children live with. He should be allowed to see them - commonly it is alternate weekends and half of holidays and celebration days. He will if things can not be agreed need to make an application to court on a form C100 for a child arrangements order to spend time with the children. The majority of people make these applications without a solicitor and you can apply also for fee exemption- I have attached a link to a great book which explains the court process -

Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars.

Hi Justanswer works on a rating system and so that I can close this question can you please rate. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. But this lets me close the case and not need to email you again. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you! Many thanks​

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you. Yes that was very helpful thank you - 5stars

My pleasure

ivorylounge and other Law Specialists are ready to help you