How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 11196
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

Assistant: How can I help? Last year I was extended my car

Customer Question

Good Morning
Assistant: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Last year I was extended my car insurance without my knowledge.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: No I was charge by this isurence company and in this same time l chosen another company and called them to get my many back to my account do they did and they charge me me for couple days 198£ with their legal costs.
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: U don't know actually what to do because I try to contact the Insurer but without answer cause they put me Cry eagle creditor manage company
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Actually no Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a qualified lawyer happy to help you today.

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 1 year ago.

There are two options here. The first is to send them a letter before action (copy attached) and if they do not repay within 14 days, start a claim against them at

The other option is to make a complaint and involve the Ombudsman.

You make the complaint and if that does not resolve the matter ask them for a "deadlock letter", which is a letter giving their final response.

Once you have the deadlock letter the next step would be to escalate this to the Financial Ombudsman Service - they will investigate and liaise with the insurer and make them repay you. They can order the insurer to make a financial award if they have acted badly.

The service is covered by the Consumer Rights Act 2015 so you have a right to expect a reasonable service - if you do not then the regulator will step in but it also means you can sue for any damages or losses incurred as a result of the insurer's conduct.

You can make the complaint here :

I hope this helps - if you can please accept the answer and give me a 5 star rating (there should be a button on your screen to do this), I can answer follow up Q&A's at no extra charge and Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Kind regards,


Expert:  JimLawyer replied 1 year ago.

Good evening, if you can please click to accept the answer and give me a 5 star rating I would be grateful