JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

Assistant: How can I help? Last year I was extended my car

Customer Question

Good Morning
Assistant: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Last year I was extended my car insurance without my knowledge.
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: No I was charge by this isurence company and in this same time l chosen another company and called them to get my many back to my account do they did and they charge me me for couple days 198£ with their legal costs.
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: U don't know actually what to do because I try to contact the Insurer but without answer cause they put me Cry eagle creditor manage company
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Actually no Thank you
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a qualified lawyer happy to help you today.

There are two options here. The first is to send them a letter before action (copy attached) and if they do not repay within 14 days, start a claim against them at http://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

The other option is to make a complaint and involve the Ombudsman.

You make the complaint and if that does not resolve the matter ask them for a "deadlock letter", which is a letter giving their final response.

Once you have the deadlock letter the next step would be to escalate this to the Financial Ombudsman Service - they will investigate and liaise with the insurer and make them repay you. They can order the insurer to make a financial award if they have acted badly.

The service is covered by the Consumer Rights Act 2015 so you have a right to expect a reasonable service - if you do not then the regulator will step in but it also means you can sue for any damages or losses incurred as a result of the insurer's conduct.

You can make the complaint here : http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk

I hope this helps - if you can please accept the answer and give me a 5 star rating (there should be a button on your screen to do this), I can answer follow up Q&A's at no extra charge and Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Kind regards,

Jim

Good evening, if you can please click to accept the answer and give me a 5 star rating I would be grateful