How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 11196
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

I have a medical issue, about my 16 years old son being

This answer was rated:

Hello, I have a medical issue, about my 16 years old son being treated by an orthodontist, who has left him with an overbite. He is now suffered emotional damage because of it
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: We are in Cambridge We can come to London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I am looking for free legal support I've complained to them with no help
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have a lot of details about the matter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please help my son, thank you

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a qualified lawyer happy to help you today.

This could should not be fought on your own (being litigants in person), but via a law firm with a specialism in orthodontic and dental injuries.

Your Son being 16 has plenty of time to have his case prepared - it would not need to be issued at court until his 21st birthday.

I would strongly recommend you speak to a company such as Slater & Gordon Lawyers (they have a London office).

They will need independent evidence from another orthodontist but they can arrange this for your Son. The report would need to firstly establish causation and liability against your Son's treating orthodontist, and secondly to confirm the diagnosis and prognosis for injuries and recommendations for treatment.

They can claim damages for pain, suffering and loss of amenity, including an award for psychological injury, and any out of pocket expenses to include future dental/orthodontic treatment.

The firm can also offer a no win no fee arrangement - you would have to act on your Son's behalf until he is 18 years old so you would need to sign documents and so forth.

Slater & Gordon can be contracted on 0161(###) ###-####(head office).

I hope this helps - if you can please accept the answer and give me a 5 star rating (there should be a button on your screen to do this), I can answer follow up Q&A's at no extra charge and Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Many thanks,


JimLawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you