Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

My employer have decided to "let me go" from my duties and

Hi Pearl, my employer have decided to "let me go " from my duties and he gave me 1 month notice period. My contact says"either parties" 3 month notice. Im working 11 months at the company is that legal?
JA: Has he discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: He is the CEO of the company and I'm reporting to him as an office manager, he is also a retired lawyer.
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: yes,
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: oh yes, they did a deduction 25% from our salaries, so the company can survive couple of months.
Hi thank you for your message. The statutory notice period only starts to kick in when you have been employed for more than 2 years however, you have a contractual motive period of 3 months so a shorter notice period (assuming there are no other provisions in the contract that allow for this) would be in breach. That said an employer can give pay in lieu of notice. I hope this helps if you could accept my answer and rate 5 stars Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your reply Jeremy.