F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

I have a rented 2 bed apartment, the tenancy agreement is

I have a rented 2 bed apartment, the tenancy agreement is with a man and wife couple who have two boys. The wife’s brother acts as a child minder and referred to as a visitor, he stays overnight apparently continuous occupation. The apartment management company advise the brother cannot be a classified as a visitor since he stays overnight too often? What is the legal definition of a visitor in such a circumstance?
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Sheffield
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Non
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Good morning. I will assist with your question - be aware this is an email not chat service therefore maybe delayed in replying.

you are the landlord?

so there are 3 adults in the property?

but the tenancy agreement is with the husband and wife? in who's name is tenancy?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am the Landlord, 3 adults including the brother visitor.
Tenancy agreement is with man and wife

Have you had your telephone call now? The offer has now expired.

What exactly is the problem with this if the wife’s brother is staying overnight on a continuous basis or not? Is there another problem?