How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask F E Smith Your Own Question
F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 15622
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
Type Your Law Question Here...
F E Smith is online now

I have a rented 2 bed apartment, the tenancy agreement is

This answer was rated:

I have a rented 2 bed apartment, the tenancy agreement is with a man and wife couple who have two boys. The wife’s brother acts as a child minder and referred to as a visitor, he stays overnight apparently continuous occupation. The apartment management company advise the brother cannot be a classified as a visitor since he stays overnight too often? What is the legal definition of a visitor in such a circumstance?
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Sheffield
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Non
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Good morning. I will assist with your question - be aware this is an email not chat service therefore maybe delayed in replying.

you are the landlord?

so there are 3 adults in the property?

but the tenancy agreement is with the husband and wife? in who's name is tenancy?

F E Smith and 6 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am the Landlord, 3 adults including the brother visitor.
Tenancy agreement is with man and wife

Have you had your telephone call now? The offer has now expired.

What exactly is the problem with this if the wife’s brother is staying overnight on a continuous basis or not? Is there another problem?