Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

Quick query - last year we undertook a house renovation and

Quick query - last year we undertook a house renovation and a friend in the building trade said that he would supply and fit our new windows. We paid him £7k but no window order was ever placed and after months of lying about delayed shipment etc he admitted to having stolen our money. We then had to pay for the supply and fit of new windows a further £13k. A year on, we have still not received any repayments from our friend in spite of a promises of repayments, next month, next month - you can see where this is going. I want to understand our legal position on this. We are now at a point where we want to pursue this through the courts and for this person to face either criminal charges, or legal consequences. What would you advise if best course of action?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Hampton, TW12 2RB - London.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None so far...
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so..

Hello my name is***** am a solicitor and I am happy to help you today.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Jenny. Do you need any further information in relation to this query?