chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Agency entered property without permission Assistant: Where

Agency entered property without permission
Assistant: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England
Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Complaint but haven't demanded a compensation yet
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all

What is your question in relation to this?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
What is our next steps in demanding a compensation. Can we take it to court and what is the amount we should ask for?
The tenancy agreement was also broken because it says they must give us 24 hours notice and we have the right to say no to that. I found them in our home showing the house without our consent when I asked the agent says she has the keys which I then explained are not so that she can let herself in whenever she wants. They have entered the property when we weren't home and without our consent.

I am not sure you would be entitled to compensation for this.

Unless you have suffered any losses or you have not had use of the property, would you be able to claim compensation.

I would suggest that you inform the landlord that they should refrain from entering the premises without first giving you 24 hours notice and to do so would be a breach of the tenancy agreement and any further breaches will result in you seeking compensation for breach of contract.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

many thanks

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
We have suffered I thought someone broke in and it has given me many issues and the children are unable to sleep and don't want to spend time in the house so I was going to go for distress and ptsd following the incident. Isn't it a criminal offence to enter someone's property without permission?

What I suggest you do is file a formal complaint with your local council and let them investigate. If there is a case to answer, they will take this up with the landlord.

Further, they would be in a position to impose any fines, if applicable

I hope this answers your question. if so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.