How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask chatham-chamber Your Own Question
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 13397
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
chatham-chamber is online now

I own my own property and thinking about my girlfriend

This answer was rated:

I own my own property and thinking about my girlfriend moving in how do i keep that protected if my girl friend and i split up
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: South wales
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing looking for her to move in in the next couple of months
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No


Will she be paying rent?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No not paying no bills just food shopping
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We do have a kid together also


If she will not be paying any rent, I would probably suggest a licence agreement of some sort but other than this, unless there was a formal tenancy agreement, there is nothing else.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks

chatham-chamber and other Law Specialists are ready to help you