Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I’m wondering what type of lawyer I would need as I recently

Hi I’m wondering what type of lawyer I would need as I recently had an accident and my claim company are trying to recover hire rental costs from of £26k
Assistant: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London uk
Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Non
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is this a free service

Hi thank you for your message, can you explain a bit more. I understand you had an accident, this was a vehicle accident and therefore relates to a motor insurance claim?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
it was a motor insurance claim but the 3 rd party accepted fault and my insurance was not affected . My insurance company put me through to a claims company to assist in the repair and hire vehicle in the interim . I was in a hire vehicle for 133 days as my vehicle was in the garage and the 3rd party were indecisive as to the repairs and whether or not they were going to write off the vehicle . As time went by I kept checking with the claim company regarding the hire vehicle I was in and they said it was nothing for me to worry about as they would be dealing with this with the third party . When the hire vehicle was delivered I was only told by the delivery driver on what damage to the hire car I would be liable for and the excess amount I never once told I was entering a credit hire agreement and I feel that this was their negligence and took advantage of me in my situation. Months after I returned their hire vehicle and my car was repaired they have been chasing me for authorisation to instruct solicitors against the 3rd party insurers as they are only paying the claim company £500 and the claim company want about £26k they have said that it’s my debt they are trying to claim and if I don’t co operate I would be liable

Hi thank you for your message, this seems rather extraordinary. I would advise you to speak to your insurers and indicate that you do not accept you are liable for the hire care. You were not made aware that you would be responsible for the hire car, you do not have a hire car agreement and that the 3rd party and there insurance should be liable for any hire car cost as a consequence of the accident.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thanks can you please confirm what lawyer I would need to see

Hi thank you for your message, you would need an insurance disputes specialist. If you wanted to find a lawyer near you who deals with this kind of dispute you can do so through the law society find a solicitor search here: https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

You can search by town or postcode and the area of law in this instance on this search it would be accident and injury.