iram a
iram a,
Experience:  Principal at IA Solicitors
105500460

Me and my partner are looking to get married, I am uk

Hello, me and my partner are looking to get married, I am uk national and he is on a student visa and is from Nigeria, just wondering what a the steps we need to follow to do this ?
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: England, we haven’t done anything yet, what confused about what I need to do
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the student visa?
Customer: No I haven’t
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

hi,

i can help you for your concerns.

you should make an appointment with your local registry office for marriage notices.

you both can make an appointment together or separately for marriage notices. you and your partner both should keep your Passports and proof of address with you for marriage notice appointment.

After giving notice in marriage registry office, they will tell you the time period for these notices. After this time period, you both can book an appointment for marriage.

i hope it will help you.

please give positive rating for my efforts to answer your question

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you, ☺️

welcome

please give positive rating

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
we just register the normal way? Can he get married while on a student visa ?