How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask iram a Your Own Question
iram a
iram a, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1833
Experience:  Principal at IA Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
iram a is online now

Me and my partner are looking to get married, I am uk

This answer was rated:

Hello, me and my partner are looking to get married, I am uk national and he is on a student visa and is from Nigeria, just wondering what a the steps we need to follow to do this ?
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: England, we haven’t done anything yet, what confused about what I need to do
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about the student visa?
Customer: No I haven’t
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No


i can help you for your concerns.

you should make an appointment with your local registry office for marriage notices.

you both can make an appointment together or separately for marriage notices. you and your partner both should keep your Passports and proof of address with you for marriage notice appointment.

After giving notice in marriage registry office, they will tell you the time period for these notices. After this time period, you both can book an appointment for marriage.

i hope it will help you.

please give positive rating for my efforts to answer your question

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you, ☺️


please give positive rating

iram a and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
we just register the normal way? Can he get married while on a student visa ?