How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35978
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

I have received a court letter yesterday which is a legal

This answer was rated:

Hi I have received a court letter yesterday which is a legal document for me to attend court next month. My ex partner wants access after 6 years. Anyway on the court paperwork two of my children's names are ***** ***** and one of my child's name is ***** ***** it and one is on there twice instead just wondering how it would stand in court I've been through all the paperwork and it the same all throughout thank you
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: My ex partner has filed for court. The papers have all come from the court
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I know the location of where it will be. I'm just wondering where the court papers stand as the names are wrong
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. The court would not strike out the case because of either typographical or errors such as you suggest. They would still simply try to proceed with his application. I hope that this answers your question. I have to help further, attached a link to a great book which explains the court process -

Please rate 5 stars

ivorylounge and other Law Specialists are ready to help you