How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ross Miller Your Own Question
Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 785
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ross Miller is online now

I would like to ask regarding my payslips for the past 2

This answer was rated:

Hello, i would like to ask regarding my payslips for the past 2 months. The problem is that my employer does not send me the payslip and i tried many times in asking, calling, emailing them but without any positive answer.
Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I have discussed with my supervisor and they tried to contact the management and their reply was that they can not solve any problem about payrol. My supervisor advised me to ask for an advice from you.
Assistant: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I am employed by an agency Crewlink which is partner Ryanair(airline company)
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i am not in an union

Hi there I can help with this

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
If you need more detail please let me know
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Do you have any advice for this? What can i do?

This should hopefully be a relatively straight forward matter. You are legally entitled to payslips under the Employment Rights Act 1996. Since they are still refusing to give you payslips what you need to do write an official written grievance to Human Resources stating that you have requested the payslips and they are not being given. Inform them that under Section 8 (1) of the Employment Rights Act 1996 an employee has the right to be given by his employer, at or before the time at which any payment of wages or salary is made to him, a written itemised pay statement. You should also tell them that if they do not provide you with you wage slips then you will enforce your right to take them to an employment Tribunal. If they still do not answer you must go to Acas and go through early conciliation before you can raise a claim with an employment tribunal. I would hope that it will not go this far.

Just so that I am advising you on all possible outcomes. In the extreme circumstance you are dismissed for attempting to get you wage slips then you should seek legal assistance as you can then take them to a tribunal for automatic unfair dismissal for this (you can still bring this claim to a tribunal even if you do not have 2 years employment service).

I don't see that it will come to this and would hope that they will just provide you with the slips, however, I felt it would be best to give you this advice either way. I hope this has been helpful.

I would be very appreciative if you could click “accept” on this answer and give me a positive rating. This will let the website know that I have responded to your query. You can feel free to continue to ask more follow up questions if you feel this is necessary.

Thank you, ***** *****


Ross Miller and other Law Specialists are ready to help you