JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

I have been granted possession of my property by the crown

Customer Question

I have been granted possession of my property by the crown court what do I need to give my tenant to get her to leave on the date from the court
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Northamptonshire
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Been to court and granted possession 14 days which is due on 6th of August
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Should the court have given me any paperwork to prove I was granted possession
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a qualified lawyer happy to help you today. I am just reviewing your question.

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 1 month ago.

Yes, so the court would send a copy of the notice to the tenant by post and you should also have been sent a copy. If you have not, you should contact the court listing section (was this Northampton County Court?).

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 1 month ago.

OK thanks, ***** ***** ring them on Monday - 01604 470400 and ask for the property possession section. Then ask them if they have served the order for possession. If they have, it will still be effective and the tenant has to move out on 6th (next week) otherwise you can evict using the bailiffs. If you would like details of how to instruct bailiffs please let me know.

I hope this helps - if you can please click 5 stars at the top of your screen, that will give me a rating on the site and I can answer follow up questions at no extra charge.

Best wishes,

Jim

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 1 month ago.

Good evening, if you can please click to accept the answer (stars at the top of your screen) and give me a rating I would be very grateful.

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 1 month ago.

Hi, if you can please click to accept the answer (stars at the top of your screen) and give me a rating I would be very grateful.