Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

We are trying to get our deposit back from our landlord it’s

Hey we are trying to get our deposit back from our landlord it’s been two weeks and we have texted him and no response and the estate agents said they can’t do anything
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I’m in Uxbridge Greater London
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I’ve called the estate agents they said they are waiting on response from landlord and I’ve already messaged landlord and I’ve gotten no reply from him
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The estate agents said last week the landlord wanted to make deductions but we don’t know what they are and how much it is he is taking. We are just left in the dark to be honest

Hi thank you for your message, the deposit should be in a deposit protection scheme and the landlord should have told you which scheme the landlord was registered with you cant then request the deposit return through them, as well as raise any dispute about deductions. If the landlord has not done this you should contact the agent and request the details, the deposit has to have been registered by law. I hope this helps - if you can please accept the answer and give me a 5 star rating (there should be the option to do this in the top right of your screen) and Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.