How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask chatham-chamber Your Own Question
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 13604
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
chatham-chamber is online now

I've just had a bailiff insist I pay £9,000, which I have

This answer was rated:

Hello, I've just had a bailiff insist I pay £9,000, which I have done to stop him taking away all my TV / radio broadcast equipment. The claimant is claiming against a company we sold in April, the address of the defendant company is not here, (as such, we have received no prior notice of the visit) where the bailiff came and none of the details on companies house relates to us. It was under duress. I want a solicitor to apply to the high court tomorrow to get the money back - now. Can you help put me in touch with one. We're in Twyford near Reading.
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: NO, that's why I'm chatting to you, I want one ASP
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's about it, it's really simple, the bailiff's dealing with the wrong company, address and directors but was threatening, so we had to pay up


We are unable to provide that service on the JA Site. I can guide you through the process and as my firm is based in Reading, this is something that I could possibly do through the firm

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok, how do we make contact, call me on 07973 442809 please. Ian


chatham-chamber and other Law Specialists are ready to help you