31090051

I wanted to ask about my Uncles estate and will. He left his

Hi I wanted to ask about my Uncles estate and will. He left his estate worth around £ 120 thousand to his neighbour, nephew and his brother divided equally . I am thinking about contesting but worried about going to court and costs involved, is it worth pursuing ? Thanks Jill
JA: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: I am in England but my Uncle was in Scotland
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: I can get copy of the will and have a letter from the court , the will was only done 3 years ago when my Uncle was 88 years old.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all I have there has been problems with the nephew

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. The only basis for contesting a will in the circumstances you describe is that your uncle was incapable of making up his mind as to what was to be done with his estate and that he was unduly influenced by one or more of the beneficiaries mentioned in the will. This is a difficult thing to do and is very expensive, typically £15 - £20,000 or more and no solicitor will give you a guarantee of success. You would have to think very carefully before embarking on such litigation. I hope that helps. Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.