How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jenny Your Own Question
Jenny, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7736
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jenny is online now

I have an electricity account with Enstroga and submit

This answer was rated:

I have an electricity account with Enstroga and submit regular readings. I pay a monthly direct debit of £172.31 and I went to check my account and I am over £2K in credit. I phoned last week and they said they would review my account and change the monthly amount and look at the credit amount. I phoned again this week and got no further. I have checked the reviews online and they are not good. Others are having issues with them. Can I cancel my direct debit for a few months - I have enough credit to last for months. What should I do. I have another amount due to go through on the 19th August and do not want to pay any more money into their account at the moment.
JA: Where is this? And when did the issue begin?
Customer: The company is Enstroga (as above) and I tried contacting them last week. I am particularly concerned as it seems by reviews others are having issues too.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Just as above
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think there is all the necessary information to begin with.

Hello my name is***** am a solicitor and I am happy to help you today. Do they agree that your account is in credit and do you have evidence of this in written form?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can get it up on transactions
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
When I look at the summary it says Account Balance £2745.98 Credit

Great, print it off for evidence.

I would email them to say you are cancelling the direct debit as the account is in credit and there is enough credit to cover future payments for a number of months. Your bank will cancel your direct debit.

There is no action they can take against you for cancelling the DD, the only possibility is there may be a deduction for paying by DD, you will have to check the terms to see if this is the case.

Is there anything further you would like to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Many thanks that is very helpful. That is all for now.

no problem at all, please take the time to rate my answer before leaving the site, thank you and all the best.

Jenny and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you