Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have dispute with a builder. He contracted a kitchen

I have dispute with a builder. He contracted a kitchen extension for £10000/ in 2015. He completed in 2016.i paid as the job progressed.he took too long so I agreed to do the pvc door and window bought and fitted with the help of my son in law. Builder agreed £1000/, he used a soft brick for extension and used the wrong ratio mix of sand and cement, the floor should have been hard 48 hours but was soft month later. I asked him and he came was brushing pva (adhesive) on the surface to make it hard. On the4th march2016 I made a final
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I gave him a cheque £1000/ final settlement and he agreed to it signed a paper in front of witness . Now after three years he got a court judgement and even though I filled the n244 but no reply to dispute it.
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Manchester
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: What right I have to dispute now

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Did you not file a defence to the claim?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can please cancel my call request.thank you.

I will call shortly, will show as withheld.

I have tried to call, let me know when you are free.