How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 14433
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

My wife received a Parking Charge Notice in a Private

This answer was rated:

My wife received a Parking Charge Notice in a Private Carpark on the 3 June, at Circular Road, Coleraine, N.Ireland. She actually had a parking ticket which she set on the dashboard of her car. However, it was a very windy day and in closing the car door the gust of wind blew the ticket on to the floor. She was not aware of this happening at the time and she left the vehicle parked. When she returned she had received the Parking Ticket.
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: This was a private carpark in Coleraine, Co Londonderry, N.Ireland
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: My wife appealed to Car Park Services and explained that she had a parking ticket but it blew down from the dash due to the wind and rain. They did not accept her explanation. They referred her to POPLA and she appealed to them. They have also turned down that appeal. My wife sent in her Parking Ticket to confirm she had it.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My wife is now unable to pay the mitigated penalty of £45 and must now pay the full £90 because she appealed.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I wish to know whether it is worth appealing to the Ombudsman Service as I feel proper consideration was not given to my appeal.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don’t want a phone call as it will be uneconomical.

It's worth an argument.

Even if you don't pay they would have to take you to Court.
You can even then plead your case before a Judge.

If you get a decent Judge then they will lose the claim.

So yes you can go to Ombudsman and Court.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Jamie-Law and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for this advice.