Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

Ive been scammed and need help, london, nothing, not just

ive been scammed and need help
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: london
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not just yet

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Please provide some more details of your circumstances.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
hi Ben, so I have been scammed of £26600 through the black money scam
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i don't have money to pay for the phone call im afraid

thanks and how did you get involved in it and how did you pay for it?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i saw an ad online which said something about making counterfeit money, I messaged the person whos details were on the advert. he is based in the US and put me in touch with someone in the UK. I met the person in the UK and he showed me a trick using 1 real note and 2 negative notes. I didn't see much of it as he was in the back seat of a car and I was in the front. I then took the alleged fake note to the bank and it was accepted. a few months passed and I was hounded by these people asking me if i wanted to do business with them, I said ok I can start of with £1500, but they refused to work with small money as they said the chemicals to clean the money cost them too much. I then said £10000 but they still refused so made a deal for £22000 for which I'd get another £22000
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it was all cash I paid in
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i still have contact details for 4 people that are currently in this so called ring

Thank you. I must advise that in general it is extremely difficult for anyone to recover money lost through such scams. As this is fraud, your only realistic option is to report this to the relevant authorities who can investigate further and try to deal with it. If they manage to recover any money you could be due some back, but this is relatively rare to be honest.

If you wish to report this, all scams can be reported to Action Fraud on 0300(###) ###-####or by visiting http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report_fraud.

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
can i be incriminated in any way?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i don't want to be arrested for anything, thats all I'm scared about

That is rather unlikely, but it is the only way to try and progress this

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thanks Ben, appreciate it

All the best