How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2243
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

I need to know my rights as a child, Yes many years ago. I

This answer was rated:

I need to know my rights as a foster child
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: Yes many years ago. I was fostered for 8 years and my brother was adopted 6 months. He has died my dad did not make a will and wants to leave it to his wife and 2 children. My dad is 87 and living in the house with the wife who has a boyfriend in and out. My dad is getting neglected. She wants all the money millions
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Uk cheshire
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Just wondering how I can help my father he is being neglected in the home and all I want to do is help him

Hi thank you for your message, so in terms of the father, is this your foster father you are referring too? And is your query related to what happens to the estate as your dad died without a will?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it’s my foster father
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
He has an estate and made no will
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Trust fund

Thank you for your message he set up a trust fund?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My fathers alive and did not expect my brother to die. The wife has been separated from my brother he went blind 2 years ago. She has a new partner and brings him to stay in my fathers home. The house is filthy neglected and my father is very old and being neglected. He has 2 financial advisors. I need to know my rights to support him through this thanks
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Being his foster daughter really I want her to leave so I can help him
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
he set up a trust fund many years ago I don’t know the full circumstances because my brother said his wife is responsible for the will. It’s turned out that’s not the case. I’ve only got back in touch since my brother died. He blocked all his numbers and moved away with the wife after meeting her and keeps my father on the end of the property.

Hi thank you for your message, well there are two things to consider, firstly, report the matter of your dad's care to adult social services and they can look to check he is not neglected and that his care needs are taken care off. Secondly, you can look to obtain a power of attorney (POA) for your dad. A Lasting Power of Attorney is a legal document that allows you to to make decisions on behalf of your dad during his lifetime. You will need to obtain a solicitor to assist you with this. I hope this helps - if you can please accept the answer and give me a 5 star rating (there should be a button on your screen to do this) and Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you so much.

Glad I could help, could you please rate me out of 5 stars in the top right of your screen? I would appreciate 5 stars as that way I get credit for my time today from Just Answer.

Jeremy Aldermartin and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you