iram a
iram a, Advocate
Experience:  Principal at IA Solicitors
105500460

I am dyslexia specific learning difficulties. Please can you

Customer Question

Hello i am dyslexia specific learning difficulties.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Please can you advise me, can he say something like this, it sounds to me he will fail me if I don’t have a skype meeting and the support you put in place won’t make any difference. So, its been a waste of time the sessions you provide me. Can he state this? I have been having problem with my university over incorrect information given/time receiving feedback where I have appeal to do assignments again which I was accepted to do again, which caused me a lot of stress and I put the stress down to me having a miscarriage, I had a miscarriage on 7th March 20019 I went to the hospital had bloods taken to say I’m pregnant, then had them again a 2 days later which confirmed I was having a miscarriage. Now I have been working on my dissertation, taken in mind this is a distance learning course and Skype was not a requirement: my tutor put this below in a message.I stated “ I tried to set up skype but been unsuccessful and that I am going to wait until I get located more support hours so I can has pier support for help, who you pay to help me. Below is what he put.Dear Jane
“As your supervisor you will need to speak to me if you’re going to successfully complete this module despite any other support you may receive. Therefore, I would strongly urge you to contact Student Support to talk through setting up Skype so we can begin supervision meetings. If you don’t organise supervision meetings then I’m afraid I cannot provide any further support.”Regards
MathewHi JaneThen I called the university said I going to sue them and spoke to them whats happing then someone else sent this:
“Following our telephone conversation this morning I have looked into your query as promised. I can see that Matt Hall has reviewed your drafts on many occasions via email and provided a significant amount of support. Matt has suggested Skype as an additional tool to help you successfully complete your dissertation module.
The reason Matt is suggesting Skype is that the support he is currently giving you via email does not seem to be effective and he can no longer review drafts in this way. Using Skype will help you to get an instant response and have a more in-depth discussion with your supervisor which is a great tool at this stage.
You said that it was your understanding that you would receive a fail for not having a Skype meeting. I can assure you that Matt is not suggesting he will fail you if you do not use Skype , however he has advised that if you do not take up this additional tool he can offer no further support as he has exhausted all his resource.
We have asked our IT team for some support in helping you set up your Skype meeting.
I hope that I have reassured you and that you understand the reasons for Matts recommendation. If you need any further support setting up a Skype meeting, we are here to help.”Kind regardsI have questioned the feedback because I did not understand some, I tried to do the work but he states im not following instructions I don’t know what part of the instructions he stating im not following I try and question it then he keeps suggesting skype.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: in what way
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no i dont think so
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thornton cleveleys
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Please can you advise me, can he say something like this, it sounds to me he will fail me if I don’t have a skype meeting and the support you put in place won’t make any difference. So, its been a waste of time the sessions you provide me. Can he state this? I have been having problem with my university over incorrect information given/time receiving feedback where I have appeal to do assignments again which I was accepted to do again, which caused me a lot of stress and I put the stress down to me having a miscarriage, I had a miscarriage on 7th March 20019 I went to the hospital had bloods taken to say I’m pregnant, then had them again a 2 days later which confirmed I was having a miscarriage. Now I have been working on my dissertation, taken in mind this is a distance learning course and Skype was not a requirement: my tutor put this below in a message.I stated “ I tried to set up skype but been unsuccessful and that I am going to wait until I get located more support hours so I can has pier support for help, who you pay to help me. Below is what he put.Dear Jane
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I am still waiting you said within 5 min
Expert:  iram a replied 5 days ago.

hi

i give your answer.

Skype is not point that will decide you are fail or pass. This is just supporting medium and they are saying they cannot support any further support. It does not mean that they will fail you because you do not have skype. They should not insist to have a meeting on skype, they should offer some other mode of supervision (phone or meeting with you in the Uni). He should not say anything in a disappointing way as but he should more supportive as you can improve your learning skills according to the standard. If you are not comfortable with skype then he can communicate on email or via letters.

If you have any skype set up related issues then you should contact with student support in a polite way. You should be calm and must not take stress. If you are not comfortable with skype then you should ask for any other mode of supervision. If they will fail you just because of this skype issue then you can appeal against this decision.

i hope it will help you.

please you give 5 star to encourage me to help people