How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4470
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

I’m being investigated into my fathers power of attorney I

This answer was rated:

I’m being investigated into my fathers power of attorney I can’t account for 200 my dad withdrew
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Blackpool
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I’ve filled in the forms but the power of attorney has not been registered with anyone as my dad still manages his own affairs with my help
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I’ve accounted for most of the transactions just a few little ones for toiletries and clothes totalling 65.00 and the 200 cash

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

How can I assist you with this, please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I’m being invested into my dads power of attorney I’ve accounted for all most of the transactions I’ve not got receipts for a couple of items like toiletries and a few items of clothing and I can’t remember why he withdrew 200 out of his account 100 on 2 separate occasions in April his power of attorney has not been set up with any banks etc as he still manages his affairs with my help although his dementia is progressing I do neee now to register the agreement

OK. I don't see what the issue is with a couple of low value transactions back in April of this year.

Are you completing this via the government LPA registration process?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Someone has reported me to pog

The Office of the Public Guardian?

If you are not registered as the LAP yet I'm not sure why this is relevant.

Also if the amount in question is £200 I am not sure the the OPG will be at all interested in this - is it a malicious complaint?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The power of attorney is set up at the office of public guardian but not registered with any banks etc I rented his house for him to cover his care expenses as he is in residential care and the first person who was going to rent the house sons had adhd and caused a bit of damage to the property which was rectified it was decided to not go ahead with the tenancy due to neighbours complaints of the level of noise etc I have now 2 professional tenants in and every thing is good it’s a neighbour of my dads that has but the complaint in as the questions I have to answer are about the property as well asking me about tenants causing damage to the property and why I have thrown away my dads belongings I threw away old furniture beds had to clear the house so it could be rented and the tenant never moved in due to the damage being done at the property all this seems very unfair as all I’ve done is try and look after my dad

I cannot see that in the circumstances that you have described that you have done anything wrong or that there would be a successful challenge to your LPA.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I’ve been to the banks and collected his bank statements most of the transactions I can prove it’s just a couple I don’t have receipts for and the 2 separate transactions of 100 I can’t prove or think why he needed it I’m so worried

I really don't think you should worry about this.

If you have been managing your father's affairs for him and there is only £200 not accounted for you should not be investigated by the OPG for improper conduct - or rather if there is an investigation in my view the outcome will be a favourable one for you as this is a very small sum of money in the grand scheme of things.

I hope this reassures you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks he also gave me 250 for my son to go on a school trip as I’m a single parent and couldn’t afford it I put this down as a gift is that ok to do

If it was a gift then I don't think this is an issue.

I hope this clarifies things?

If so, please take a second to rate my response with 5 stars (top right of your screen) as this will credit me for my time.

Thanks and do let me know if you have further questions, follow ups are part of the service, even if you have already taken the time to rate for me.

Kind regards,



If you have further questions, you can always come back to me.

In the meantime, if you could just take a second to provide a 5 star rating (at the top right of your screen), I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,


Can I assist you further with your question?

If you have further questions, you can always come back to me.

In the meantime, if you could take a second to provide a 5 star rating (top right of your screen) I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,


plclegal and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you