Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I am involved in a internal investigation over a grievance

Customer Question

I am involved in a internal investigation over a grievance and I have had a call to say the press have got hold of this? That should not happen. Also they are 2 days later than there deadline. Thenclub have been dealing with this poorly and I don’t know what to do
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I want to resign but get a non disclosure agreement
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I live in Stevenage
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: But he clubs in wales
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The issue I have are, the procedures have not been completed in time. Not followed professionally. I was the only staff member to be voice memo and had to sign a agreement. I was only staff member that had two people in the meeting. I have not been suspended either.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 days ago.

How long have you worked there for?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I’m within my 3 month probation period
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I don’t want any money. I would just like to leave amicable
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 days ago.

Thank you. The issue here is that you have very limited rights to either take this further or demand that the employer do anything. This is because you have less than 2 years’ service and that means you have no unfair dismissal or constructive dismissal protection. Therefore, the employer can dismiss you or force you to resign for more or less any reason and without following a fair procedure. So the fact that the procedures they followed have not been in accordance with their policies does not give you any rights as that would have only been challengeable under one of the two claims above, which as mentioned you cannot yet make.

You can nevertheless resign at any time still and try to negotiate with the employer for an early release where they consider allowing you to leave early and drop the investigation in return. You can remind them it is in the best interests of everyone as they then do not have to waste time and resources in dealing with this any further.

Does this answer your query?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 11 days ago.

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can simply reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’ and I won’t bother you again. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 days ago.

Hello, not sure if you are having trouble seeing my posts? I have not heard back from you since posting my answer and just need to know if your query has been resolved. If you could please post a quick reply to confirm I would be very grateful. Thank you