Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have paid 6150 for a tractor to be delivered to ireland

Hi I have paid 6150 for a tractor to be delivered to ireland but same which was to be delivered yesterday did not arrive. I paid for same 2 weeks ago via bank transfer. I phoned the company yesterday by the phone line dies after the first ring. Is there recource here as I now feel this was a scam
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: Her in the UK the company is mjn plant and mahinery supposidly dealing out of nothingham
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Contacted the Action fraud team only
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I dont belive so

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What is the website of the Company?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi Jamie. It is www.mjnplantmachinery.co.uk

Website is down. Seems like they have either gone into liquidation or its a scam

Sadly beyond reporting it to Action Fraud as you have done, there is very little you can do.

You have reported it to the Police. You can't take civil action if they have disappeared.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No other clarification needed and thank you for your time

I am sorry its not better news. Can I assist with anything else today?

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate me 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today?

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you.