How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask iram a Your Own Question
iram a
iram a, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1554
Experience:  Principal at IA Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
iram a is online now

My son has been homeless for several years in belfast, has a

Customer Question

My son has been homeless for several years in belfast, has a daughter and doesnt know where to turn to to get a flat? hes currently unemployed. He cant live with me any longer as get violent and has damaged several of my homes that I work very hard for.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: No I havent seen anyone yet. We live in Northern Ireland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I've only had the police involved to get him removed but he keeps coming back early hours of the morning and I dont put up a fight as I dont want to waken the neighbours as I'm now in an apartment as lost my larger home to debts.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No i dont think so
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
He's currently drunk and returned to my home. He clearly has an alcohol issue. I'm at work and worried whats happening.
Expert:  iram a replied 7 days ago.

he has a daughter or this is your daughter?

how old is your son and how old is your daughter?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
My son is 27 and his daughter is 1
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I'm unable to call as I'm in work
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hence the reason I'm online asking the question.
Expert:  iram a replied 7 days ago.


i can help you for your concerns.

you have explained that your son is unemployed.

First, he should contact to job centre for job.

After registration with job centre, he should contact to council for home because he has a daughter. Council may consider her daughter age and may grant him a house.

i hope it will help you

please give positive rating for my efforts to answer your question

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
He's already been to job centre, council etc for years and nothing happening quick enough
Expert:  iram a replied 7 days ago.

he is on council's priority list or not?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
hes on their list though not as a priority as hes a single male
Expert:  iram a replied 7 days ago.

he has not registered his daughter with him in council.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Not that I'm aware of as the social workers are involved with their situation due to his temper and alcohol position
Expert:  iram a replied 7 days ago.

where is your granddaughter's mother.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
She lives about 15 miles away, they have split due to his drinking issues
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
He has wrecked my last house, got me into debt and i'm going to loose everything if I don't if he doesnt stop calling to my house drunk and wrecking things.
Expert:  iram a replied 7 days ago.

if he is so much violent then you can report to police

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I've reported him to the police many times but he keeps coming back. I need him to get his own place urgently
Expert:  iram a replied 7 days ago.

i am afraid, i do not have good news for you.

you have already taken all necessary steps. he is registered with council for homeless as a single person. he is not on council's priority list. Council will contact him when his file will be considered consecutively.

if you want to make arrangement for him on urgent basis then you should contact to any letting agency to arrange an accommodation for him.

you should be a guarantor for rent for that property.

i hope it hell help you

please give positive rating for my efforts to answer your question