Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I need advice in regards to faulty, NW2 4JT, Wrote 2 letters

Good morning I need advice in regards ***** *****
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: NW2 4JT
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Wrote 2 letters to the person who I am not satisfied and who offered photography service - everything was wrong. 1 letter I gave 2 weeks time to answer and 2nd letter 28 days to reply Have not heard from the person at all.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just advice and where is the best to go with this matter

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

What are you ideally hoping to achieve in the circumstances, please?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Money claim or correction of the faulty product
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No thanks, ***** ***** text you
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
There are few people involved in this situation who are not happy same as me and I representing them
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It’s regarding photo video service for the communion event
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
In the result photos are blurred there was wrong aperture wrong focus
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Video the same
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Video recorded in wrong format
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Can’t display on every platform like tv computer
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Photographers with not enough knowledge
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Kind of like “cowboy photographers”
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
People unhappy not satisfied

Can the product actually be corrected?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Final materials given in ordinary plastic cd dvd boxes
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
We complained before final product came out but nothing was done
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I could send letters which I sent to Zoom Tv photo video company
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Then you will know everything clearly
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Unhappy parents want to go to the court

Can the product actually be corrected?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am trying to send you couple of e-mails

It’s ok I can advise without I just need to know if the footage can actually be fixed?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No it wasn't
I will send you couple of e-mails to you
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Dear DanielWe write again, because we have not received a response from you. We feel ignored since the last letter sent by email on 19.07.2019.The parents noticed the mistakes of your company work and they contacted the lawyer in order to obtain information regarding their rights regarding the complaint.
As part of the compensation, we ask for the correct quality of the photographs or the return of the costs incurred (at least half the prices) for the photos and video (we conclude that it is incorrectly recorded from the beginning).
Please could you take it seriously and response to our request and fix the problem within the next 28 days from the date of receipt of the letter (also sent to the following address: 2 Petersfield Gardens, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU3 3TZ 
on the same day 31.07.2019) otherwise we afraid that the parents will apply to the court for damages.
In the name of the customer, we expect a written answer, as the case has a legal character.The parents who signed up for the complaint are disappointed, cheated and outraged by the quality of the photo and movie. Souvenirs from such an important day (children's communion) are very poor, besides they want to know why some families have less than 5 photos in the album when others have done additional - separately with the godparents, separately with grandparents (missing photographs could be replaced by any other shots like child’s portrait picture from outside of the church, or picture with a candle).
Some people have noticed that you are doing collages for selected people (the image of a child receiving the sacrament incorporated into a family photo) - this was taken as a harmful and discriminatory treatment of the rest of the people involved in this particular event.
It was also noticed that over last few years the service to issue materials became very poor because the DVD with pictures was framed in the folder, and at the same time its cost was much lower, now it is sold more expensive in ordinary plastic box.A few have consulted independent photographers and remarks are the same what means inappropriate light, ISO on family photos which brings noise/grain effect also lack of visible material processing.
The video is characterised by the lack of the sound quality of the image, colour and light, the images are blurred, and pixels appear. Sound at many times over controlled.
The cameras were wrongly driven by the operators.
Recordings can not be reproduced on all TV and computer platforms, because the supplied player is not compatible with every operating system.The last important thing is that the consent (release form) to the sharing of products with the parents was not signed at the beginning of the service - which is contrary to the Agreement for the Division and with the applicable law for children under 16 years (minors). The form was only created when the first materials were issued by some members of the Parent Council on 11.07.2019.We hope that you can help with this matter and bring the satisfactory service results of your company to the disappointed parents.Sincerely
Malgorzata P, Katarzyna D and Parents
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Previous e-mail
Dear DanielWe write with the question whether it is possible to give parents photos on which children: Receive Communion (approximation and general plan), family and photographs with the priest in the highest quality, as the photographs received are blurred, soft and have a very large grain and are not suitable to enlarge them (some people would like to print canvas, but there is no such possibility due to the existence of the aspect), besides the colors in the pictures are not sufficiently saturated by what they lose on appearance.
A part of the parents is not satisfied with the quality of the photos received and because of private celebration will not be put on social media, so they want to have a souvenir in the form of printed, unfortunately the product stored on the DVD/USB does not meet these expectations.As you are still around till the end of July you are very much asked to fix this matter within 7-10 days.The film is unclean, with no sharpness momentary, no consistency in image quality, light and color, also the record was made in a wrong codec so some people cannot display it on the TV. What is the chance for a company to fix this problem?Thank youRegards ***** and Katarzyna D (Parent Council)
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
the very 1st e-mail when we asked for correction before final product came outDear DanielWe write with the question whether it is possible to give parents photos on which children: Receive Communion (approximation and general plan), family and photographs with the priest in the highest quality, as the photographs received are blurred, soft and have a very large grain and are not suitable to enlarge them (some people would like to print canvas, but there is no such possibility due to the existence of the aspect), besides the colors in the pictures are not sufficiently saturated by what they lose on appearance.
A part of the parents is not satisfied with the quality of the photos received and because of private celebration will not be put on social media, so they want to have a souvenir in the form of printed, unfortunately the product stored on the DVD/USB does not meet these expectations.As you are still around till the end of July you are very much asked to fix this matter within 7-10 days.The film is unclean, with no sharpness momentary, no consistency in image quality, light and color, also the record was made in a wrong codec so some people cannot display it on the TV. What is the chance for a company to fix this problem?Thank youRegards ***** and Katarzyna Dabrowska (Parent Council)
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
basically where is best to go with this matter, what are the next steps?

OK, thanks, ***** ***** person enters into a contract for services, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says that the work must be:

· Carried out with reasonable care and skill (to the same standard as any reasonably competent person in that trade or profession)

In addition, any information exchanged in communications between the parties, whether written or verbal, is binding if the consumer relies on it. This will include quotations and any promises about timescales or the results to be achieved.

If there are problems with any of the above, the customer will have certain rights:

In the event of substandard work, the trader should either redo the parts of the work which are inadequate or perform the whole service again at no extra cost to the customer. This must be done within a reasonable time and without causing significant inconvenience. If this is not possible, the consumer can claim a price reduction, based on the severity of the issues. If the trader refuses to resolve the issues, the consumer can consider getting someone else to do this and either deduct these costs from the total owed to the original trader, or pursue them for any extra costs that have been incurred.

So it really depends on what is possible and also what you want to achieve. If you have to consider asking for compensation, but they refuse to issue that, then you may have to take it further formally.

If a party wishes to pursue another for financial compensation arising out of a dispute between them, they can do so by making a claim in the civil courts. As legal action should ideally be used as a last resort, there are certain steps that should be taken initially to try and resolve this matter informally and without having to involve lawyers or the courts. These can be summarised below and it is recommended the following procedure is followed to try and progress this matter further:

1. Reminder letter – if no informal reminders have been sent yet, one should be sent first to allow the other party to voluntarily settle this matter.

2. Letter before action – if informal reminders have been sent but have been ignored, the other party must be sent a formal ‘letter before action’ asking them to resolve this amicably within a specified period of time, usually 7 to 14 days. They should be advised that if they fail to do contact you in order to resolve this matter, formal legal proceedings will be commenced to pursue them for the compensation in question. This letter serves as a ‘final warning’ and gives the other side the opportunity to resolve this matter without the need for legal action.

3. If they fail to pay or at least make contact to try and resolve this, formal legal proceedings can be initiated. A claim can be commenced online by going to www.moneyclaim.gov.uk. Once the claim form is completed a copy will be sent to the other side and they will have a limited time to defend it. Once they are aware that legal proceedings have commenced it may also force them to reconsider their position and perhaps prompt them to contact you to try and resolve this.

As a final tip, it is always advisable to keep copies of any correspondence sent and received as the courts would like to refer to it if it ever gets that far.

Does this answer your query?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
it is very satisfying (Unfortunately the contract is written only in 1 language, which is not right as well, but we base on that and we do keep all the correspondence in written) Thank you very much for your reply and help.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
If I will have more questions I will ask Will I get back to you, or somebody else?

You can just post a question for my attention if needed so it gets to me