JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

Really helpful Jim, I’ve given you the 5 stars you deserve!

Really helpful Jim, I’ve given you the 5 stars you deserve!Only further question I have is do you know how likely a big firm is to allow a start up use it’s trademark in a different industry, I’m thinking very unlikely?

I couldn't really say what they would do - it's a completely different industry so you would have thought they would have no problem with it but a trademark is extremely valuable to a company of that size - so I wouldn't surprised if they disagreed. The reason being if they wanted to branch out in other areas then they couldn't go with the investment business. Very unlikely, I realise that - but the last thing you want is their lawyers contacting you and asking you for compensation proposals. I would also ways recommend obtaining permission first. The worst they can say is no and you would then need to find another name or variance of the name which doesn't infringe their intellectual property.

I hope this helps.

Have a good day

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks so much for your help, this has been really quick and easy, I will definitely recommend you!Have a good day

Perfect, that would be great.