12826847

To do with a civil matter please Assistant: Where is this?

Customer Question

To do with a civil matter please
Assistant: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Lancashire north west
Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Police advice and citizens advice
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 days ago.

Please explain your situation in some detail so that I can advise

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Grandfather who I am next ti kin to has dimentia...still in control of his own finances. Police seized car as he was driving it without a licence.
Sale agreement was drawn up and signed by both of us stating car would be mine and a sum to the max £2500 would be paid when my existing loan has been paid off. As organised by the police I had to present the sale agreement when collecting the car from impound due to my grandfather displaying logbook to get the car in my name before release.
I spoke to dvla and a replacement log book had been sent to him on his request a week later which he displayed.
I then taxed car myself and applied at post office for name log book transfer so I can get it insured in my name. Grandfather has now changed his mind wanting car back to sell....saying I've stole it. Police have strongly advised me not to return car as hell drive it again. I've had to have his number transferred straight to voicemail as I'm getting death threats from him etc...up to 10 voicemails a day.police are aware of this. They have classed it as a civil matter and said to obtain legal advice as to were I stand with the car as the understanding with the insurance company was it was in my name etc.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 days ago.

OK thank you. What would you like to ask about this please?