12826847

How can I take my legal money claim to the high court

Customer Question

how can I take my legal money claim to the high court against my previous foreign government employer
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I wrote to a solicitor in Doha Qatar to represent in court there instead he got in touch with my employer from whom i immediately received 1,900 pounds, and nothing heard from him(my employment contract unlawfully terminated and I was promised to get my end of service benefit if I left immediately the country which I did but the cheque I was given was cancelled within two days after I left Qatar to London. I wrote to the Qatari Justice minister and to the public prosecutor there asking for claims totalling to 470,000 pounds but received no answers(all register
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes Please. I contacted last year the labour tribunal here in London but they advised me to take a legal advice. And also I wrote to the foreign office here in London but I received to answer.
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a qualified lawyer happy to help you today. Have you issued a money claim online in the UK?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No

OK so your claim is for £470,000?