Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I have received a county court court summons to my address

I have received a county court court summons to my address in the name of Ms linda malcolm smith ....our titles are Malcolm Smith & Linda Smith we have never used the format which has been sent to us..
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: No we have not spoken to a lawyer .North Yorkshire U.K
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We have notified the claimant and court we intend to to be at the hearing on the 21st.September 19
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: we have never lived at the address which they claim the debt originates.

Hello my name is***** am a solicitor and I am happy to help you today.

What would you like to know about the situation please?

Hello please can we stick to this question ? Just responding now.

what is the claim in respect of? Do you otherwise agree the money is owed?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
an alleged electric bill, nodo not agree with the bill, never lived there

well that is your best defence.

The fact that the title MS has been used is not enough to make the claim unenforceable. If you can prove you have never lived at the address to which the bill is issued that will provide a full defence.

Is there anything further you would like to know about this please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No..

no problem, please take the time to rate my answer before leaving the site today, thank you and all the best.