How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 62489
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I work as a housekeeper to the household of Mr.Ambassador of

This answer was rated:

my name is***** work as a housekeeper to the household of Mr.Ambassador of Angola for a year.Sad to say I left them as there’s a problem about the you think I’m entitled to a 1month holiday pay? I left the job 1month ago...thank’s
Assistant: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: Nope
Assistant: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I am their employee
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don’t have any sign contract with the employer.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

How long had you worked there for and why did you leave?

Can I also just check, did you receive payslips whilst you were employed?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I just sign a payslips but never give me any copies

OK and how long did you work there ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry I want to cancel the phone call plsss... thank’s

OK no problem at all re the phone call

Please can you tell me how long you had worked there for

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Only 1yr.

Many thanks for your patience. If you were working as an employee there for a year you would have accumulated holidays over that time. If you I’d not take any whilst you were there, or you had any outstanding, you would have been entitled to be paid for these when you left. These are a legal entitlement so the employer cannot really avoid paying you for them. You should initially contact them directly to ask for these and if they refuse you have the option of making a claim in the Employment Tribunal for free to pursue them for these. Just be aware that you must make the claim within 3 months of leaving so do not delay it.

Before a person can make a claim in the employment tribunal, they would be required to participate in mandatory early conciliation through the Advisory Conciliation and Arbitration Service (ACAS).

The purpose of this process is to allow ACAS to mediate between the claimant and respondent to agree on an out of court settlement in order to avoid the need for legal action in tribunal. The respondent does not have to engage in these discussions, or if they do and the talks are unsuccessful, the claimant will be issued with a certificate allowing them to make a claim.

However, if a settlement is reached, the claimant would agree not to proceed with the claim in return for the agreed financial settlement. Other terms can also be agreed as part of the settlement, such as an agreed reference.

To initiate the conciliation procedure ACAS can be contacted online by filling in the following form (, or by phone on 0300(###) ###-####

If the conciliation process was not successful and you then wanted to make a formal claim in tribunal, you can do so here:

Does this answer your query?

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can simply reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’ and I won’t bother you again. Thank you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Mr.Jones sorry for not responding quickly...yes thank’s it helps me a lot.Have a good day��

All the best

Ben Jones and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you