How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35351
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My friend has been charged with assaulting a police officer

Customer Question

Hi There. My friend has been charged with assaulting a police officer and has to appear in court on 27th Sep. He did not punch the police office and wants to plead not guilty. Should he seek professional advice before the 27th ?
JA: Does your friend have any upcoming court dates on the assault charges?
Customer: yes
JA: Where did the assault occur?
Customer: South Queensferry
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Are you based in the UK
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

in what way did he assault the police officer?

are you in UK or Scotland please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
He put his arms up in self defence and the police officer has accused him of assault. We are in Scotland
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am going to seek advice from a local solicitor
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 months ago.

If you are in Scotland then I can't help as I'm in England.

I will opt out.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks for response
Expert:  Ross Miller replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I should be able to help, do you mind if I revert to you tomorrow as I have just picked this up? Kind regards