12826847

I need a letter writing that stated that my mum is happy to

Customer Question

I need a letter writing that stated that my mum is happy to gift me some funds towards my mortgage. It is a prerequisite by the bank and by my solicitors. IS this something you can offer
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Harrow, London
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I’ve called around and they are costing around £300
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope. I just need a letter stamped. I even have a template as provided to me by my solicitors
Expert:  Joshua replied 7 days ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years experience.

Do you have a copy of the template the solicitors have provided to you that you could upload using the paperclip symbol? Usually this process is not difficult but some lenders choose to make it more difficult than is strictly needed.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
One second
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
One second
I have sent the pictures over
Expert:  Joshua replied 7 days ago.

Thanks. Unfortunately you have the unhappy the privilege of a lender that has chosen to make the matter more difficult than it needs to be when likely a simple deed of gift would suffice. unfortunately, in the circumstances £300 is likely to be about right in terms of the cost of advice provided though you may be able to get a slightly better fee if you phone around some more but I should not think by much. The alternative is to choose another lender but I assume that would involve greater cost and delay at this stage. Unfortunately it is not something I or any of my colleagues can help you with online as this is limited to legal information - I cannot formally act for your parents to given the advice the bank requires. Obviously no need to pay for this answer - just providing for your information.