12826847

My friend is getting harrased really bad, we had picture of

Customer Question

Hi, my friend is getting harrased really bad, we had picture of when he was assaulted in the face with a shovel. He then had windows put out by the same person. I phoned the police and had to get an amber lance when he was assaulted, the police of dropped everything because there’s not enough evidence. The situation is getting so much worse and me and my friend don’t know what to do. I’m getting stoned chucked at me every time I see him. His girlfriend is making up lies saying my friend attempted to rape her. She messaged him saying this so the police seen the messages and nothing was done. So the guy is getting his girlfriend to phone the police all the time on him, we just don’t know what to do. We were going to go to the police station with our own evidence. This guy has just come out of prison. Not aloud to see his first child and beat up his prevous partner. And he’s making me and my friends hell that we are actually scared
Assistant: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: No, there was an on going case for ages but everything got dropped because the guy denied it even though his finger prints were found on the shovel he assaulted him with
Assistant: Where did this occur?
Customer: 26th of August I’m sure
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He put his own windows out to get my friend arrested. But my friend wasn’t in and was at his fiends so had an alibi. The police new this so dropped charges.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Occurred in Trimdon village
County Durham
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

what is your question regarding this matter please

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Just advice on what to do next? Is there anything we can do when the police won’t help?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Do I get my evidence together and go to the police station with my friend? I could phone with lies like them and waste there time but we are not them type of people
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I’m genuinely worried something really bad is going to happen and I don’t want to live with that I could of done something to help
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

Well, what are you seeking to achieve?

Why do you need to have contact with this person?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
We would just like to be left alone, we don’t. But we live in the same village. My friend can’t move away and this person won’t.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I’m not sure why you have asked that. We don’t want to hear his name everyday. We don’t want to have to mind our backs. I just wanted advice in do we phone the police every time somethings happens when we know we can’t get help?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I would love for help to get the person back in prison where he belongs. That’s what I want to achieve
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

Well, I'm not sure what you want to achieve?

Can you be specific?

This person is entitled to be around. You can't be prevented from ever seeing him or hearing his name. unless you move away of course which you are free to do.

Can you ask specific questions?

Questions like "Just wanted advice" could be answered by suggesting you have a cup of tea but that is clearly not what you are asking.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Do I have any rights when the police won’t help and I’m being harassed?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

yes, you have many rights.

The human rights act, the bill of rights to name a few.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

Let me know when you know what you want to ask. I will be here.