12826847

We were mis-sold a holiday by telephone. The salesperson

Customer Question

We were mis-sold a holiday by telephone. The salesperson confirmed the cost 3 times, which we noted in writing, but the company not only charged us more than the stated amount but now deny their offer was at a certain cost and will not refund our credit card as we told them we do not wish to proceed. They sent paperwork which we have refused to sign. What do we do now please?
JA: Where is this? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?
Customer: Either 27th or 28th August. It is supposed to be 4 weeks of holiday. They confirmed by telephone that we could stay at an hotel in Harrogate for 1 week following our purchase. We paid £168 as instructed by credit card, which hit our account as £171.10, and now they say we would need to pay more and will not cancel.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We have emailed to say that we told them originally that we were only going to take up their offer if the hotel in Harrogate was available for the week we specified before agreeing to purchase, otherwise we were not interested. Two sales people confirmed 3 times on the original phone call that the offer was correct even though we found it hard to believe. One of the sales people said that the places their co. had access to we’re not being used by timeshare people as much as before so these “offers” were to entice people to make repeat visits at full price.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We are currently away from home until the end of the month so do not have the notes we made at the time to hand
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 7 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a qualified lawyer happy to help you today.

Have you reported this to your credit card company yet? They should be able to recover the funds - you are protected under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. So if you had to sue, you would sue both the seller and the credit card company (the credit card company being jointly liable - unless they reimburse you).

Which company mis-sold the holiday?