Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

Anthony, I filed last Friday a form 244 Application to set

Customer Question

Good afternoon Anthony, I filed last Friday a form 244 Application to set aside a judgement entered in default due to the summons being sent to the wrong address.
However, I had a visit from a High Court Enforcement Officer yesterday stating the matter was still live.
The only way I could get him stayed was by a request from the Claimant or the Court. the Claimant's solicitor has said their client would agree to a stay if i agree to pay £500 per month towards the debt and kept the judgement in place! I do not feel this is acceptable, what do I have to do to get the Court to call off the Enforcement Officer for now?
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 7 days ago.

I suggest you contact the claimant and attach the application and state the following within the letter.

In view of the application dated x attached to the correspondence it is evident that the judgment in default is challenged and I have lodged the same in court. Therefore please confirm you will stay any enforcement action until the outcome of the application.

In the event you dont stay all enforcement action and the judgment is set-aside is set-aside I will seek to recover all incidental losses linked to the enforcement action.

Please note I reserve the right to present this letter to the court in support of my position. I will follow up this letter with a phone call to confirm receipt and your response to my request.

Contact the court tomorrow via telephone and request the current position on the app and explain to the listing staff that can the app be listed urgently given the baliffs are knocking.

In the meantime keep all doors locked in your home and move any vehicles that belongs to you out of sight because baliffs can clamp vehicles and enter your property if the doors are left open