How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 13388
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.

Customer Question

Hi my name is vicky
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Hull uk
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Well my problem is my gas electric company since January February time ScottishPower has tried to get my account back mange to get my gas and they been saying its the other side fualt but found out to day its they fault that it hasn't been sorted so know after all this time I've got a 309.71 pound bill for gas and electric hasn't been sorted out I won't to make massive complain for this cos it dosnt take almost a year to deal with this and know as a single mum who only works part time is stuck with a massive moment of money that need to pay back
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well ScottishPower have been tell me different thing everytime I talk to them I ask them to sort it out and keep me informed but they never! Hudson company told me to day that in February when it all started for a meter reading to start it all and thay havnt give no infor so they is no information on a bill for my electric so I havnt no idea how much I own aw what to do cos I feel like I've been messed around since February
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 11 days ago.
Hi thank you for your message, so Scottish Power is your energy supplier and they have sent you a large bill?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thay where yes how it's all started a company called Hudson toke my account in February even tho I told them not to go through it and was in my 14day! So ScottishPower have tryed to get it all back since then I got the gas back but not electric and today I found out after 8months Hudson told me it was ScottishPower fault as they havnt give the information they asked for which was meter reading so know after 8months got a bill of 399.71 for gas for ScottishPower and the electric bill under work atm cos they no bill yet but once things get sort am going have another massive bill but the problem is that ScottishPower have wasted 8months of my time not doing they job and put me in massive debt I rang them nearly every 4week to find out what was going on as they never rang me emailed me or send me letters and everytime I did ring them they sent me to different department and not no was going on and they told me different information everytime
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Wish I new that b4 you charge me
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
If Yr not going ring can I have a refund as I didn't know it was going charge 43 pound
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 11 days ago.
The refund should come automatically if no one rings you. I’m going to opt out as I don’t have sufficient expertise to advise.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Do you want a call, as I can?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Is anyone going help me
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Don't call
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Sorry Jamie didn't no responses
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Can anyone tell me if I will get ra refund on the 43 pound for the call I didn't get
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hello is anyone they
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 days ago.

You dont want a call, is that right?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No I don't won't a call
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 days ago.

Ok, just so I am clear, who is it you are complaining about?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Can you help
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 days ago.

You should write (not email or call) and make a formal complaint. You can do this at:

20 St. Vincent Street, Glasgow, G2 5AD

They will investigate the matter and report back to you.

If they do not uphold it then you can go to the Ombudsman

They offer a free, independent service and can examine your complaint for free at:

That should resolve the matter for you

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 7 days ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate me 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today?

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you.