Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I'm having problem getting my refund from Louis Vuitton at

Customer Question

Hi there I'm having problem getting my refund from Louis Vuitton at selfridges store from the 18th of June until now, and need some advice...please and thanks
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I'm in London sir/madam
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: No steps been taken yet because I kept calling and going there on my expense, they've called me twice and said to me not to worry their gonna get to selfridges head of whatever but until now my £595 hasn't gone back in my account ...
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 days ago.

Have they provided any reason at all for the delay? Also, have you contacted Selfridges directly?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No I have contacted Louis Vuitton directly because there shop is inside selfridges store and they kept on giving me the same story about them contacting selfridges
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 days ago.

Thank you. If a party wishes to pursue another for a debt arising out of a dispute between them, they can do so by making a claim in the civil courts. As legal action should ideally be used as a last resort, there are certain steps that should be taken initially to try and resolve this matter informally and without having to involve lawyers or the courts. These can be summarised below and it is recommended the following procedure is followed to try and progress this matter further:

1. Reminder letter – if no informal reminders have been sent yet, one should be sent first to allow the other party to voluntarily settle this matter.

2. Letter before action – if informal reminders have been sent but have been ignored, the other party must be sent a formal ‘letter before action’ asking them to resolve this amicably within a specified period of time, usually 7 to 14 days. They should be advised that if they fail to do contact you in order to resolve this matter, formal legal proceedings will be commenced to pursue them for the debt in question. This letter serves as a ‘final warning’ and gives the other side the opportunity to resolve this matter without the need for legal action.

3. If they fail to pay or at least make contact to try and resolve this, formal legal proceedings can be initiated. A claim can be commenced online by going to www.moneyclaim.gov.uk. Once the claim form is completed a copy will be sent to the other side and they will have a limited time to defend it. Once they are aware that legal proceedings have commenced it may also force them to reconsider their position and perhaps prompt them to contact you to try and resolve this.

As a final tip, it is always advisable to keep copies of any correspondence sent and received as the courts would like to refer to it if it ever gets that far.

Does this answer your query?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 8 days ago.

My response to your query should be visible on this page. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question or whether you need me to clarify anything else in relation to it? If your query has been answered I would be grateful if you could please take a second to confirm this by replying on here. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 days ago.

Hello, not sure if you are having trouble seeing my posts? I have not heard back from you since posting my answer and just need to know if your query has been resolved. If you could please post a quick reply to confirm I would be very grateful. Thank you